Director of Infrastructure and Technology
Hybrid working: 3 days in our Marylebone Office and 2 days remotely per week
Our Company is a leading, digitised supply chain company specialising in providing innovative solutions and services to streamline the flow of technology products from manufacturers to end-users. We operate in a fast-paced and dynamic industry, constantly adapting to emerging technologies and market demands.
Purpose of the Role
Are you a senior IT professional or have Consulting background with a track record of leading end-to-end programmes, working with C-Suite stakeholders and other Senior Business Partners to set the technology strategy to achieve the business goals? You will play a pivotal role in shaping our technological vision, strategy by leveraging your expertise in Software Engineering or similar discipline.
We are seeking an experienced visionary, to lead our technology team and drive the development, implementation, and maintenance of cutting-edge IT solutions. You will be responsible for aligning technology initiatives with the overall business strategy, overseeing the team, and ensuring the delivery of high-quality products and services to our customers.
The future of this role will be steered by your desire to grow yourself and the team, and if not already a CTO, to become our CTO.
Decision Making and Authority
The Director of Infrastructure and Technology has the authority to create and prioritise projects and tasks to delegate to the technical teams. They will be responsible for defining the direction and strategy of the organisation. You will be responsible for building growth and profitability through working innovatively with the heads of departments in the designing of the company’s solutions, products, and services. You will be responsible for reviewing the current infrastructure and assembling teams to deliver high quality services while maximising resource and with a focus on sustainable development goals and ESG.
Guidance and Direction
Reporting to the board of directors, this is a senior position and involves overseeing the technical team, managing KPI’s and making day-to-day decisions on behalf of the Company.
Key Relationships and Context
The Director of Infrastructure and Technology will have managerial responsibility for department heads and overseeing the productivity with consideration to the Company’s policies and procedures.
The Company operate a hybrid working policy with a minimum of three days working from the conveniently located London office.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
Technology Strategy and Vision:
• Oversee head of departments to develop a clear technology strategy that aligns with the company’s goals and objectives.
• Lead the IT and Technology department, including accountability for direct management of Heads of department who have responsibility for database developers, IT professionals, and other technical specialists.
• Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, accountability and continuous improvement in not just technology, but also leadership and soft skills across the Company.
• Provide technical and operational thought leadership and insight that inspires and motivates the team to ensure high levels of productivity, professionalism and skill development.
• Actively develop individuals within your team to ensure the Company has succession and sustainability within our people resources.
Product Development and Management:
• Oversee the design, development and deployment of our solutions
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, sales, and development, to prioritise product roadmap and features.
Technology Architecture and Infrastructure:
• Design and maintain a scalable, reliable, and secure technology infrastructure that supports the company’s growth and expansion.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and software development best practice and apply as appropriate.
• Evaluate and implement new technologies and tools to enhance efficiency, security, and user experience.
• Identify market obstacles and technical hurdles and manage risks appropriately.
Quality Assurance and Compliance:
• Establish and enforce rigorous quality assurance standards and processes to deliver robust, bug-free products and services.
• Ensure compliance with relevant industry standards, regulations, licenses, and data security practices.
• Manage vendor relationships, contracts, and service level agreements to ensure seamless collaboration.
Data Analytics and Business Intelligence:
• Utilise data-driven insights to make informed decisions and improve business operations and customer experiences.
• Develop and implement data analytics strategies to optimise supply chain processes and customer satisfaction.